Cartoon Network is an American based cable and satellite television channel that is owned by the Turner Broadcasting System division of Time Warner. The channel airs primarily animated programming, ranging from action to animated comedy. It was founded by Betty Cohen and launched on October 1, 1992.
It is primarily aimed at children and teenagers between the ages of 7–16, but can be watched by other age groups. It also targets older teens and adults with mature content during its late night counterpart, Adult Swim, which is treated as a separate entity for promotional purposes and as a separate channel by Nielsen for ratings purposes. A Spanish language audio track for select programs is accessible via SAP; some cable and satellite companies offer the Spanish feed as a separate channel.
As of February 2015, Cartoon Network is available to approximately 96.4 million pay television households (82.8% of households with television) in the United States.
Cartoon Network has three headquarters: one in Atlanta, Georgia, another in New York City, New York and Los Angeles, California.
List of shows currently airing on Cartoon Network
Ongoing shows (new episodes)
- We Bare Bears
- The Amazing World of Gumball
- Teen Titans GO!
- Uncle Grandpa
- Adventure Time
- Regular Show
- Steven Universe
- Mighty Magiswords (web-only)
- Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
Reruns (ended series)
- Total Drama Island (Action, World Tour, Revenge of the Island, All-Stars, Pahkitew Island, Ridonculous Race)
- Johnny Test
- Tom and Jerry
- Ben 10: Omniverse
- The Looney Tunes Show/Looney Tunes
- Legends of Chima
- Over the Garden Wall
- ↑ "Adult Swim/CN Split Cements Strategy". ICv2. GCO. March 3, 2005. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- ↑ Seidman, Robert (February 22, 2015). "List of how many homes each cable network is in as of February 2015". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved March 14, 2015.